This archive is a repository of documents gathered over the years aimed to help commercial vegetable growers. See the:
- NJ Commercial Vegetable Production Recommendations for comprehensive information on growing vegetable crops.
- Plant & Pest Advisory for in-season updates and alerts on insects, diseases, and weeds impacting NJ vegetable crops, in addition to on-farm food safety news.
- Rutgers NJAES Plant Agriculture Fact Sheets & Bulletins for up-to-date Fact Sheets spanning multiple plant agriculture topics for the home gardener, beginning farmer, organic farmer, as well as commercial grower.
- Sustainable Farming on the Urban Fringe to experience Farm Calls and dig a bit deeper into evidence-based agriculture, farm technologies, energy efficiency, and the political economy of farming in our urbanized state.
- Controlled Environment Agriculture
- Effect of Transplant Age on Yield
- Making a Plant-Growing Mix
- Plant Spacings and Populations
- Pollination: Assessment of Honeybee Colony Size & Strength
- Vegetable Seed Sizes
- Weights & Measures, Area & Length
Soils & Irrigation
This recording requires you to click on the “Webinar” hyperlink and allow for the Elluminate program to download to your computer.” A PowerPoint presentation appears on your screen. To hear the presentation, please ensure the volume is on.
Understanding & Controlling Late Blight of Tomato & Potato in the Home Garden Workshop. July 13, 2010
Chat Room Questions & Answers (PDF): Answers to questions asked during the webinar.
NJ Ag Convention Proceedings
- Seed Corn Maggot May Damage Cucurbit Crops (PDF)
- Maggots That Can Damage Vegetable Crops (PDF)
- Evaluation and Demonstration of Two-Spotted Spider Mite Biological Control in New Jersey High-Tunnel Vegetable Production (PDF)
- Using New Jersey Trap Network Information to Reduce Sweet Corn Spray Costs (PDF)
- Managing Insect Pests on a Whole Farm Basis (PDF)
- Perimeter Trap Crop Demo Trial-Cucumber Beetle in Butternut Squash (PDF)
- Investigating the Effects of Companion Plantings on Predation of European Corn Borer Eggs in Bell Peppers (PDF)
- Bacterial Canker of Tomato (PDF)
- Development of an Integrated Management Plan (PDF)
- Understanding Fungicide Resistance
- Growers Guide to Protectant Fungicides
- Growers Guide to DMI or SBI Fungicides
- Understanding the Strobilurin Fungicides
- Cucurbit Downy Mildew Recommendations (PDF) (2008)
- Pumpkin Fungicide Program (PDF) (2008)
- Managing Late Blight in Organically Produced Potato (PDF)
- Managing Late Blight in Organically Produced Tomato (PDF)
- Organic Production Guides for Vegetable Crops (Cornell)