Growers with an understanding of emerging market trends have a competitive edge.
Converting that knowledge into an action plan utilizing good agricultural practices and developing distribution relationships leads to operational success and sustainability.
Ethnic Produce Marketing Research
- Mid-Atlantic Demographics (PDF) This study documents the available opportunities for Mid-Atlantic farmers to grow ethnic crops from a market demand perspective with a focus on Chinese, Asian Indian and Korean consumers.
- Consumer Trends (PDF) This study provides an overview of attitudes, preferences and characteristics of consumers who shop at farmers’ markets.
- Factors Affecting Market Organization (PDF) This study provides an overview of various characteristics of farmers’ market managers as well as of the factors that have an effect on the organization and well functioning of farmers’ markets as direct marketing outlets.
- Status of Business (PDF) This report identifies some characteristics that contribute towards growers’ participation in the farmers’ markets and factors that make these operations a viable marketing alternative.
- Eastern Coastal USA Demographics and Marketing of Ethnic Crops (PDF) Results and analyses contained in this publication assess ethnic markets to tailor production research and support marketing efforts to bridge gaps between consumers, distributors, and growers.
- Ethnic Crop Survey Methods Report (PDF) A procedural synopsis.
- WorldCrops An outcome of the Ethnic Produce Marketing Research effort, this web site provides production information on vegetables and herbs, popular among regional ethnic groups, that can be grown in the Northeastern United States.
- Agricultural Marketing Service
- National Agricultural Library
- National Agricultural Statistics Services
- Risk Management Agency
- Small Business Administration